WE TAKE YOUR PRIVACY SERIOUSLY
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (amended 2016 and likely to be updated in line with GDPR at the end of 2018/beginning of 2019), Maths of the Day Ltd (“we” or “us”) is the data controller (the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data). Our ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) registration number is ZA085602 and we have been registered since December 2014.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may obtain personal data about you (such as your company name, job title or email address) whenever you complete an online form.
For example, we may obtain your personal data when you register to use this website, attend a presentation or workshop, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up to a service or to receive our email newsletter. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be made clear by us how we may store or process your date (if at all) and will be asked to consent to this (our storing or processing your information).
WHAT WE WILL DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any relationship you already have with us
- statistical analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your preferences
- marketing (see “Marketing and opting out” below)
- fraud prevention and detection
- any billing and order fulfilment
- credit scoring and credit checking (see “Credit checking” below)
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
- security vetting
- improving our services
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
CUSTOMERS: To comply with HMRC Regulations we will keep your information for 7 years after a subscription expiry and subsequently keep contact for a further 9 months.
CONTACTS: 2 years after 'opting in' to receiving correspondence.
MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you about services and special offers which may be of interest to you. This will only be done when we have your pre-agreement to do this and will be done by email via a data processor, such as www.createsend.com.. We do not buy and have never bought in data for our own marketing purposes.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See “Your Rights” below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data:
- to law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
- in the event that Maths of the Day Ltd' assets and goodwill are subsequently transferred to a third party. You will be informed in advance.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We may use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- any payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
- give consent to the processing of his or her personal data
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a ‘cookie’, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
- to recognise you whenever you visit this website
- to speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
- to store your personal preferences
- to build a profile about you
- to better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to our Cookies Page
TRANSFERS OF DATA (OUT OF THE EEA)
Maths of the Day Ltd, as data controller may contract data processors such as www.Mailchimp.com or www.creatsend.com to send or store data on its behalf. In doing so it will have effective contracts in place to ensure your data is processed safely and securely, minimising any risks.
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area*. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract such as the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, which will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
* The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
You have the right to request access to the personal data which we may store or process and the right to request us to correct any inaccuracies in your data. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing to the address or email below
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details)
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable or specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill) if requested by us.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing or storing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you can do this directly from a click through link at the bottom of any of our email marketing newsletters and indicate that you wish to opt out of receiving this or contact us via our online contact form.
We will amend or delete the information requested, or inform you of why your request for access may not possible, within one month. However, do please ensure we have acknowledged your request which we will do immediately we receive it.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you wish to contact us, please send an email via our online contact form. You can send written communications to the Data Protection Officer at our registered office at Maths of the Day Ltd, Riverside Innovation Centre, Castle Drive, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 1SL.